- Advanced Mineral Makeup ®
- Alumier MD Skin Care
- Baby Foot Care Product
- EyEnvy Lash Growth Serum
- Home Care Kit: Dermaroller and Beauty Mouse
- Instantly Ageless OMG!
- Latisse ®
- Max 2 Eyelash Extension Mascara
- Medique Skin Care Products
- Obagi Medical® Nu-Derm System
- Proderm Medical Skin Care™
- Oxygenetix Foundation
Pennylane uses the SofTap™ Technique to give the most natural look in today’s permanent makeup!
SofTap™ began in 1988, when Alexis Lawson began experimenting with pens and tools in hopes of doing more beautiful permanent makeup. Alexis fashioned an autoclavable pen prototype for eyebrow procedures and began to use it as a practice tool at her school in San Leandro, California. This tool gave such beautiful results on practice materials that clients began to insist on the hand method being used for their touch ups! Colleagues became so impressed that they began taking classes in SofTap™ Method.
After using the patenting process, Alexis and Mike introduced their products to the American Permanent Makeup industry with phenomenal success, and quickly became an international sensation. With a lot of hard work and a shared passion for helping others succeed, Alexis and Mike Lawson developed the SofTap™ into the extraordinary permanent cosmetic company that it is today.
The SofTap™ technique, offered at Monaco, offers the highest quality, revolutionary pigments and 100% disposable, sterile hand tools.
Frequently Asked Questions about Permanent Makeup
How safe is permanent makeup?
SofTap™ pigments have had an excellent reputation for safety and beauty for over 20 years. All pigments are hypoallergenic and have been safely used on even the most sensitive of clients. The safety and comfort of our clients are of the utmost concern. We strictly adhere to all health and safety regulations and universal precautions are applied. Sterile, single use, disposable, individually wrapped tools are used for each procedure.
Is it painful and what is the healing process?
With the use of topical anaesthetics specifically formulated for the application of permanent cosmetics, the discomfort is greatly reduced. Most describe it as slightly irritating. There may be some swelling and redness in the skin, which subsides quickly. If aftercare instructions are followed properly, most women experience no side effects and return to their regular schedules immediately.
How long does a procedure take?
The consultation and initial procedure are done in the same session and will take approximately two hours. This includes a discussion on colour selection and desired outcome of the procedure A second session is booked a minimum of two weeks later. Finishing touches and adjusting the colour depth will take place, if needed at this time. Sometimes a third session may be required. All sessions are included in the initial price.
Can I still wear traditional makeup?
Yes. Permanent makeup is designed to enhance your natural beauty. Wearing additional makeup is a personal choice.
How long will it last?
Permanent makeup will never wash away; however, some fading or muting of colour will occur over time. Some find this to be most flattering. Sunscreen is always recommended to ensure the life of your permanent cosmetic. With proper care, your procedure can last five to seven years, although colour boosts or touchups maybe desired every year or two.
Things You Should Know Before a Permanent Makeup Treatment
- Brow healing time is 5-7 days. There is minimal swelling but the skin needs to go through a scabbing process. Where by the excess pigment is no longer retained in the skin and is expelled during the healing.
- The eyes heal very well. Some swelling is experienced in the first day and a cold compress is very effective to alleviate it.
- If you have ever had a cold sore and are going to have a lip procedure done, you MUST get a prescription for Valtrex from your doctor. This will ensure there is no outbreak of cold sores during the healing time.
- All procedures are performed using topical anesthetics. The clients comfort is very important. Most clients say its feels the same as tweezing or a light scratching sensation.
- Every procedure is done in a two step process. After the first session is completed, the second session will be booked for 15-30 days after. The second session is to ensure color depth, symmetry and to check that the color is appropriate for the clients skin tone.
- Less is more….. Colors can be darkened and lines can be thickened on the second session. This is a process, not an event.
- After any procedure for brows, eyes or lips it is normal to have a feeling of wind burn. Every common activity can resume immediately with the exception of swimming or hot tubs due to the chlorination or salt water.
- If your having Botox or filler, please make sure your permanent makeup procedure is done 2-3 weeks after.
- Although it’s called permanent makeup we are only penetrating the surface layers of the skin. It will fade over time and touch-ups are highly recommended annually. Body tattoos are done using ink based products which contain carbon. Permanent makeup is MRI safe.
- Annual touch-ups are about 1/3 the cost of original procedure.
- You will be provided all aftercare instructions and products.